Dearest readers that I repeatedly apologize to( but superbly adore!),
Momma and Bre have been (politely) yelling at me about writing in my blog.. or about NOT writing in my blog. So here we go…. It’s a Saturday afternoon and I am sitting outside because well, the sun has struck up a deal with Paris and is now deciding to work for us.. woohoo! It’s a bit windy, but I don’t even care… I just… I just missed you sun. So whats on my agenda you ask? Why am I sitting outside my house on a beautiful Saturday afternoon instead of gallivanting through Paris? Well obviously for you, see how dedicated I am to you?… Or the fact that I am fearing I might get some more threatening emails..But I thought, why not, out of the kindness of my heart, I’ll write to my loving friends and family back home. Plus… I have been feeling a little down lately ( truthfully can’t tell you why) and I sorta kinda ish’ly blew off my friends today. Sorta kinda ishly DEFINITELY annoyed with myself that I did that… it was going to be a fun day… going to some beautiful park and playing Frisbee and soccer. Blah, I smack you carly, I smack you. But anywho. I have been starting to get out a little more often( exercise wise)… every Friday now has been turned into a tradition of playing tennis with two other au pairs… A brit and A ( former.. as in turned Canadian) CalicaliCanny. Well when I say tradition… I mean that we’ve done it once and we WANT to make it a tradition. We found this club that has a ghetto hole in the fence… and that’s how we get to play tennis for free. Shhh don’t tell the feds. If I haven’t mentioned in a previous entry, Maisons-Laffitte is a place where they play tennis and ride horses religiously. Literally though. About every kid here plays tennis and has like 7 horses just chilling in their backyard… okay maybe that’s a little exaggerated, but just trying to get the point across. It is a c r o s s ?? So. I wrote an article for my highschool.… some of you may have gotten honorably mentioned… as in teachers and friends… But truthfully I have NO idea who reads this…
( Here are two entries about Ireland... I forgot I had already written about it.)
Once we( two other friends and I) officially got to Ireland... we had a 13 hour delay and basically went crazy in the airport... you can onlyhave soooo many ( 5) coffees and 3 hours of pretending to understand a french book before being a little annoyed... But god bless, we finally got there.We stayed in Dublin and it was a very fun city... I went to bars every night with live music and danced to crazy Irish folk ... one being this stereotypical Irish sir... with a big red beard and a sailor mouth... it was so funny. It was the funnest thing I've done in a long time. We visited the more southern part of Ireland and that was my fave... all the green hills and ALL the freaking sheep. It was beyond awesome. It was also just nice to get away... as I've blahblah'ed about in the previous entries about being motherly and wanting my youth back... well this was a great trip for that. We went to the Guinness Brewery and it was a lot bigger deal than I knew... If any older men are reading this, they're probably shaking their head at me because of my lack of knowledge in the beer department... Well don't slap me here misters, but Guinness is a disgusting drink. Its like.... really thick bitter bitterness and you're supposed to smile and love it and have conversations and blah blah, but it was disgusting... I traded my free one in for a diet coke... don't shun me dad ;) I did like the Bulmers (cider) though... more because it tasted like .. well... NOT alcohol. MMMM the best Irish course I had there was their stew... it had lamb( to me tasted like chicken... which shows you how good I'd be at being a food critic), potatoes, carrots, with a pinch of heart burn and deliciousness at the end. It was yumyum.
So I went to Ireland. That was pretty cool …I can’t lie… The two movies Leap Year and Ps: I Love You did inspire me to go… I was hoping to find some cute husband that had a charming accent and played the guitar… Unlucky… but I did find some handsome sheep. Lots actually. It was wild! The sheeps in Ireland really know how to party. But honestly ( franchement), we did find some really cool pubs that had some really cool live music… by “we” I wish I meant the sheep, but I actually went to Dublin with two au pairs. Anywho. I danced every night… EVERY SINGLE NIGHT… Yes,I did try a Guiness, and yes you are wrong if you think I liked it. See I am more of a “ I don’t like to taste the alcohol when I am drinking alcohol” kind of chick. But I had to try just because it was Dublin. And well that pretty much sums it up… drinking.. dancing… live music… green hills… sheep… and consistent anti-american comments from my two Canadian friends. Blah.
Lately… I’ve been doing not much… When I get bored I either workout… eat... coffee dates with other au pairs… or play pranks on Christine. That’s one highlight actually… Christine is so freaking fun, she plays pranks on me all the time which really reminds me of home.. I don’t know why, but it does. Christine is also a lot like my mom… I miss my mom… it usually comes most when I see the parents being affectionate with their kids… It reminds me of when I was younger … Its actually super strange/cool… I have a lot of flashbacks of things I didn’t remember happening. Living here… has made me remember and enjoy the simple simple things that happened in my childhood… it really is crazy how it all seems to be coming back.
Rewind. Here’s a peak at what a crazy child I was.
… like how we used to draw with chalk all over our drive ways and streets when we were younger… when I used to go outside and play hide and seek or basketball at 10 at night with Em or friends and neighbors… The nights Em and I trained for soccer outside in our backyard for hours… all the times my friends and I used to go to the park and catch crawdads using sticks, strings, and pieces of ham…Hearing the band play as I played softball games at JOBL… the dedication my dad had for me and sports, he trained me with passion and without complaining… The stupid things Tamra and I used to do as kids… like capturing turkeys and treating them as our own ( don’t worry we actually looked this info up on the internet and fed them well.)… or like stealing all the lemons from our neighbors trees( mom, by the way, this is my confession, 10 years later, as to why there were a few random lemons in our front yard… I remember I responded with, “ um.. no clue… maybe it’s a prank.”) …. Tamra and I once tried to “camp” at her house in her sportscourt… but of course we were young and stupid and made a campfire on the concrete ( yes it left a huge black mark and her dad was furious) and roasted hot dogs and made HOME MADE ( or sports court made rather) fresh squeezed lemonade and put up a tent…. I remember riding bikes with em.. and that phase I went through that I wanted to be a pro skate boarder or roller blader..Or when em bought that random wheelchair and we used it as a sort of scooter going down the hill for at least a year ( mom and our neighbors must have thought we were psycho em… even more so you though, you are the one that bought it at that weird cheap market)… When we used to have friends over we would have music video competitions.. I remember repeatedly using “ I’m a Barbie girl in this Barbie world” and “Big butts.” I remember when I used to feed Soxers ( our cat at the time) Mcdonalds fries because he LOVED them… I still feel guilty because I am pretty sure that’s what caused his death… ( Rip my little kittyboy)…I remember always doing that 3 mile circuitous route with momma… I remember Em found a creepy little hut thing in some ones backyard that we were convinced was haunted or some sort of bad’ness was happening in it… we visited it often and I’m just remembering it now… Christmas when I swear I heard footsteps on my ceiling… ALL the freaking hamsters mom and dad bought em and I… The nights mom would let me spend the night at Tamras house … the tradition I remember after band recitals…Playing N64….. When Em and I played in the band…. When we all were obsessed with Pokemon but didn’t actually know how to play so we used the number in the top right corner and we played as if it were “War”… Watching Friends with mom dad and Em.. but dad wanting to watch the Simpsons....
I am sitting in my bed and its 11:01 pm.. and I can’t help but smile at the fact that I had the best childhood… Mom and Dad were ( are) the best… They were so cool… but the reason I am telling you these memories… is because I think its sad… The fact that most of all my memories were without technology… and now, I am here seeing all these kids NEEDING technology for every entertainment activity… It is really sad. I remember when I was a kid and if we didn’t know what to do… we went outside and found something fun ( and probably stupid) to do. And that’s the best… that’s how you learn and become inventive… How creative can you get using a Wii machine? Or skyping to a friend who lives 5 minutes away by walk and whom you also just saw 10 minutes ago… It’s super annoying to me. But.. we’ll see.. maybe I can influence them to go outside… it’s just that their generation has so many technological advances, they truly don’t know better.
Like I said… I didn’t do anything on Sat… I stayed with the family and we watched The Notebook… They actually weren’t obsessed with it like all American teenagers are… It was the weirdest thing to see their response… I was just like “ wahhhht!!!” It was funny. Weird, but funny. And today ( Sunday) I slept in… I watched some vampire diaries… C made a mean couscous (spelling) and then C and E and I went to the Monet Museum… it was a nice sunny day… and it was nice to have just a girls day out. I miss you mom!
I am heading to bed…
Modays are Japanese food night… did I tell you that? It’s been a tradition ever since I got here.. EVER Monday.. I LOVE Miso soup. Yum. And chicken kabobs. And salmon sashimi . and rice.
I am still eating those recees momma sent me for valentines day… I should prob start that summer working out… hmm…
Sometimes I get really annoyed by kids… which obviously is a bit inconvenient because of my job….
Night night et Bisous
Car

its good to hear from you again. i'm glad you got the chance to live it up in Ireland. speaking of summer workouts...i need to get my butt in gear too. update soon...not months from now! ;)
ReplyDelete