1/28/2011

.... Batman and I have the same Birthday.




That's just a visual for you. Anyways. First birthday away from home, ce dimanche ( this sunday). Righto. the visual is also to remind you of what I look like.... I haven't written in forever. It seems I am continually apologizing for that...So this is me actually apologizing 5 times.. for if it happens in the future, I am solid for four more times before you can get upset with me. Fair enough? Thanks you're sweet.

Christmas: I didn't really explain it well.. It was amazing being home and seeing the people that I saw. Most of all, it was great to see my family and feel that connection again. I missed the attention... although most of you know, I am not the most affectionate person... because well I am pretty shy when it comes to that... But, I had missed it and getting again... was... well, still embarassing... But in the most lovely way! So if you contributed to my pink flushed cheeks and awkward giggle and warm heart... I really appreciate it, thank you! I don't rememeber if I have mentioned about who(m?) I saw ... but I was so happy that I made some of you cry. I know that sounds... a bit rude... But hahah, what I mean is that it showed that it was that great for you to see me... or possibly in Tays situation, just scared the living crap out of you. But.. no really, it was beautiful to see all of you. Special shout out to my Auntie and Uncle and Cousins... that was the best. Did I mention my sister made a scene in the airport.. " WAIITTT WHATTTT!!!!!!!!!"  because she was so surprised.... obviously I just walked away like I didn't know her... Come on Em... we might know someone in this airport.. how embarassing right?? Kidding. Anyways. Cali you rock my socks, what a beautiful surprise to be home... for all of us!

Sarah.. my really good Australian friend left.. like I had mentioned... but she came back for a day because her flight leaves from Paris. I had no way of contacting her because she no longer had a french phone and didn't have internet but I knew where she was staying... so.. like some had mentioned... I went  back in the day and did it without my cell phone. It was invigorating. Truly. I felt.. myself again. Back in Cali.. I was so spontaneous.. showing up at friends houses at 3 am just to talk because I was bored and couldn't sleep... And well, I felt the thrill of my life again. Not that I haven't been having a great time here... but I felt ME again and it was so fun. I finally found her hotel... ps. not in the nicest area... And here I am this blonde little American girl venturing through the district known for drugs, alcohol, and sex. Fun no? Living on the edge (joking). But I found her hotel... and asked the concierge for her room number... I went up.. and knocked and no answer. What an anticlimactic moment. Really though. It was 10:30 pm at this point and she wasn't in her room? But then I thought to myself " Hey poohhead.. it's her LAST night in paris... did you really think she would be in her room?" So.. I went downstairs.. and asked in french if the front desk had seen her pass by. " She has to be in her room because she has the key." MMkay. Darn. So I waited in the lobby... well what you call a lobby.. this was just an awkward area with a chair and a ghetto table that was a fishtank... It's right in front of the front desk too so I awkwardly just stared at him while he sat there. Cool night so far. Then this chick comes in and is speaking english to the front desk trying to ask how you say " Dry Hair" in french because she needed shampoo. It went back and forth.. unsuccessfully... because she barely spoke english and he ONLY spoke french. I then was like, what the heck I'm not doing anything.. I helped her out... asking him in french if he had a dictionary..um no..." DRY HAIR?" He repeated. He then handed her a hairdryer... She was turned to me desperately and said " Um.. help me?" It was funny. So I went to the store with her... and helped the chick out. She was from some place in Europe.. I forget. She was cool... and a good distraction until Sarah came. So finally we came back to the hotel... 11:15 or something. She wasn't here. I am thinking to myself " There's no way I am going to sleep in this lobby with this weird creepy man and this weird creepy fish table... OR go back home and be a lame-o" I marched.. well rather ran.. up the stairs and went to her room. I was panting.. I don't remember 3 floors being that tiring, what the heck. Anywho. I pounded on her door... SORRY NEIGHBORS... and heard something.. I heard something! and then I am like " SARAHHHH!"  I heard someone that was befuddled... she also took 9 million hours to unluck the three locks... Sleepyhead. Anyways. We reunited.. went to a sweet bar nearby till 2 am... It was an Irish Pub... and we each enjoyed a Smirnoff ice , classily though. For 8 euros a pop, trop cher. And then enjoyed another because of the crazy( actually crazy though) bartender gave us both one on the house... Probably because we were the only girls under 30 that were some what appealing.. and what I mean is, not completely hammered. Ps. Unclassy. Also probably had to do with the fact that his girlfriend that also worked there was from Cali ( Berkeley) as well so we were both pretty siked to be talking about things that no one else understood. It was great. Kind of empowering... thinking how she was here and how our lives just take us so many places and pretty soon you kind of just have to do what YOU want to do because life is so short.... these thoughts made me feel like I was having an epiphany.. but now that I look back on it, half of that feels like it was because of the alcohol. 
I met a guy... not much to say except he was completely beautiful and completely overaged. " How many years have you lived in France"  "Oh 29" * Confused look by me* " Did I say 29 I meant...." AWKWARD. He was super attractive and polite though... we had a good 2 hour conversation... about just everything. He was awesome. Will never see him again.

It is my bday this sunday. I will miss my friends... and the cakes and cards I received at Carondelet. Boo. I want to go out with friends but I am super tired lately and some of my best friends here can't go.


Tiina went psycho on me. The girl in my class. Why did it put me in a good mood? Why did I think it was funny that someone screaming at me really abruptly for absolutely no reason was funny? Weird. But I think the Carly a year ago would have laughed as well... It was.. crazy.

Ash got a new family in Sweden, congrats friend. Hopefully this one will treat you like the human being you deserve to be. Much love huh.

I am going to Dublin,Ireland, from the 16th of Feb. to the 22nd with my friend Jenelle. So excited.


Much Love,
Gros Bisous
Vous me manquez ( I miss you all),
Car


when I surprised Sarah

2 comments:

  1. whatcha eatin there in the bday pic?! ps meeeeees you booger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun in Ireland, Car!! Be sure to post about it. I hope to visit Ireland at some point, so if you could do some scouting, that would be peachy!

    ReplyDelete