11/03/2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

GELATO-


Venice, Italy avec Sarah. Leaving tomorrow and I can't wait. 

E doesn't want me to go , and has asked me about a million times WHY I am going and if I am obliged to go. Yes, I actually feel super attached to them too... It feels like ... when you leave your mom for a week.. and you are so concentrated on the trip but still feel a pinch of ' Oh mommy I will miss you'... well.. something like that... 

Today- When we ( C, E, V,) were leaving CHamps Eleysees on the Metro... I was asked by this woman if I lived near her because she wanted an English speaking Au Pair... I then awkwardly said ' Sorry, I am already an au pair.' I looked at the kids expressions... V said " WHAT THE HECK" ... He is hilarious btw.. And E was like " what.. what did she say... huh... what" and C pretended like she didn't hear any of that. She then said " well its not like you are an au pair anyways".  Well, do I take this as a compliment or an insult? Either 1) She means I am a slave... like Cinderella.. Or 2) I am closer to the family than that, therefore au pair sounding less of what I actually mean to them or 3) She meant it in a different, non american used way, or maybe phrased it incorrectly?

I am not sure. This comment kind of bothered me. I often wonder if I actually mean something to them.. I mean, I obviously do to Ele... but ... who knows.

I will miss them in Venice, duh.

ps: Went to Versailles the other day... missed and thought of you Momma.
pps: I was actually really good friends with Marie Antoinette so I actually am living in the castle currently/

ppps: ITALY TOMORROW

BONNE NUIT, 
BISSOUS,
CAR

No comments:

Post a Comment