11/07/2010

Venice. dot dot dot...

Venice : Absolutely stunning, beautiful, adorable, enchanting, mysterious.... But I warn you, DO NOT GO THERE FOR A FUN NIGHT LIFE. And I actually suggest, stay outside of Venice, and do a day trip... that is all that is needed. The Basilica was breath taking.... each little tile sparkling .. it was truly a piece of art. The extra chin I am currently carrying proves that the GELATO was ..... un freaking believable. MMMM, my mouth is watering now. What the hell does Prego mean? They say it like every second.

Venice has beautiful little alleys and the masks are so artsy... but after a while, you realize you are eating 5 ice creams a day because you really have nothing else to do. Its a place to eat, takes pictures, ice cream it, take pictures, take pictures, buy expensive OLD WOMAN souvenirs, ice cream; pictures, dinner, WINE, sleep. Nothing else to do. Although, today, our last day, it flooded and that was pretty cool. Also, feeding pigeons was actually REALLY fun. they fly on you, and though it may be disgusting, it is something I did and see why is has a certain pleasure to it.

I really did have a blast... would have liked to party a little more, just because it was my vacation and I could be my teenager self... but , all around, Sarah and I had a blast together. Lots of funny times.


Flew Ryan Air... took about 50 hours of bus rides and metro stops and boats... And walked home from the metro tonight... literally sprinted because it is scary walking home in the dark when you fear every little divot in the road that makes your suitcase that much louder, and my boots clicking letting attackers ( if any.. in my mind there are ) know I am a woman. I sprinted home.

Missed the family... although E texted me the whole time so its like I was with them. I left them a note on my bed just basically saying that I would miss them. I kept is casssshhhjjjuuuall though, avec pas de deepness. Soon found out though once I left them that E cried.... more than once... Eek it makes me wonder how she'll be when I am gone for good. tear*

So tired.

Bisous, Bonne nuit,
Car

No comments:

Post a Comment