9/13/2010

Remember: I am still a youngypants... NOT a Mom!

Do you even recognize me anymore?


10:47 pm Friday the 10th

So It’s been 20 days since I’ve been here…Am I officially home sick yet? I thought I was.. but it’s crazy how fast they can change my mind because I just adore them so much. I think Christine knows I really care about them.. she’s caught onto how shy I get…So she was out of town for A DAY and it was hell... so hard.. so stressful.. making dinner for EVERYONE and picking them up and dropping them off.. and cleaning.. and doing homework with them...So when she came home ( i literally was in relief I just wanted to get her a big hug... of course I didn't though..) I said “ It was hard and stressful without you…….[pause]… not that I am saying I missed you, but it was very hard without you.” She smiled…and turned and said “ Carly I know you missed me… you are shy so you won’t say it but..” I felt my cheeks turn red(yet again.. so popular with this family… they are so upfront about compliments and I love it but get so embarrassed.) and I said back “ NO no no.” I adore them. I really do. Tomorrow I am taking Ele to her match…. I hope her very hot 30 something MARRIED tennis coach, Gerald, comes…. Although he is taken…. I can still look…right? He is beautiful. You Californians out there… you would “Awe” at this piece of art… He is blonde, blue-eyed, has a little scruffs on his chin … and has THEE accent. Truly… Thee MONO LISO ( see how I just made that masculine?) He is a beautiful beautiful man… and he is super cute when he plays tennis. He made conversation with me …and smiled.. and (gasp) laughed a little. I Envy his wife… I am sure she is very beautiful… apparently she’s pro at tennis too… So I guess they match in beautifulness. I will just be a cougar and date their kid… Sounds good? Sounds perfect. Going to watch the office then go to sleep… The Office has been saving me lately… It makes me happy again.. not that I am super sad.. AT ALL… But sometimes I feel super lonely… not around them, but when I am alone in my room right now… I do my abbworkout, stretch out my grannie leg…and then loneliness hits… Soo BAM put in The Office and I am set. Good night…



Much love,

Car



9.13.2010



Dearest readers ( aka Bre because you have been hassling me about updating this),

I am sorry for the delay. It has been super busy…. So this is what I wanted to update you on.

Christine knows that I like to write home.. so when she went on her business trip she bought me postcards... cute little considerate things like that truly make my day.

Yesterday: Christine and Ele and I went to Paris… via train so Christine could teach me. I bought 5 pairs of socks from gap…. I couldn’t buy anything else because Christine bought everything else in the store… haha, but seriously, she bought a lot! It was very fun… they asked my opinion about everything.. it was very cute. Ele is getting to the age where she voices her opinion about clothes… it’s funny because sometimes Christine would say she liked something and Ele would say “ Eww c’est horrible mamma” and then they look to me… well truthfully… I am not a picky person unless if it is truly horrendous so I don’t know what to do… I usually just shrug my shoulders, then Christine usually rolls her eyes at me… so loving, haha. They always include me in things now… and usually think I won’t spend weekends with them… it’s cute because they get excited if I end up doing something with them.

Brice’s mom came into town. She was adorable… so freaking chic for an older woman. She was beautiful… and didn’t really speak ANY English. Soo.. we didn’t talk much… I actually was very shy… Christine said something and since I was serious back Christine said under her breath “ Oh Carly isn’t very funny tonight” I then replied “ I am shy around strangers, Christine” …she then went “ Aww” Ugh. Cue blush. One thing that this family is teaching me is to be more affectionate. I used to be extremely affectionate… but after 8th grade or so, it was weird, I just suddenly wasn’t anymore. I am with words… but not touching… I get embarrassed very easily. But this family is teaching me to be more affectionate and less hesitant. I mean, I am affectionate with Ele.... and Christine in a sarcastic manner… I don’t hug any of them except for ele…once I rubbed Victors back because he was very upset… I give high fives a lot.. I am such a lame person sometimes, I agree. I think that I will come home a lot more affectionate… Soo be ready for me Americans… Hugs AND Kisses! The WHOLE shebang. Hehe.



It’s hard to update you on other things. It’s all little things that have made this experience so amazing. Small little caring comments from them…



Every night I do abb workout and pushups and butt thrusts… is that important to know? OF COURSE. Think about it…. When you are eating your lunch at 12 pm … I am laying on the ground humping the air to increase the muscle in my glutes. I think that is a very pivotal fact about my life in france… Obviously.



I want friends. I want Ashlee to come here…I think she is coming this weekend. I hope so. I need a break… I’m not “tired” of the family.. God no, but I still need some American attention… and I need to go out and have a drink. Yes.. A DRINK. No folks, I don’t mean fruit punch… I would like a glass of wine.. or something…I mean I am legal here... I need a crazy TEENAGER night soon… Discoteque.. I have felt like such a mom the last month… I don’t want to “lose” myself and become an adult so soon… I am not saying I am gunna go out and “be a horny little teenager”.. I just would like to have a classy glass of wine and go dancing with one of my best friends. If we make some friends along the way, then perfect… I could use some friends… It’s weird I haven’t made any… I am so used to knowing everyone around me… it’s a big change here. I think I haven’t gone crazy yet though because I know I COULD make friends.. I am just a little lazy right now and more concentrated on the family. I have made like 2 friends… A Canadian and an Australien.. and apparently a Finnish girl is coming to class soon….. Crazy! Look at me and my international friends.. it’s pretty cool. Sophie ( if any one knows who that is.. leader from Europe trip 09’) called me today… we are going to get together soon I believe.

I want chocolate. And my knee to be less retarded. And to see you guys on skype. And to know how to cook. And to get a haircut. And to pet my cats. And give all you guys a big wet one ;). And be able to go downtown walnut creek and know everyone and awkwardly walk into teachers. And to know French. And to have a million dollars to go shopping. C’est la vie.

I miss you guys and love you,

Car

ps: My email is carlymjenkinson@sbcglobal.net
I love getting updates... I love hearing about everyones college experience... I don't even care if it's about how gassy you were the other day, or if you bought a fish.. I love ALL updates from people from the states.<3

pps: UPDATE ME ON THE NEW HIP MUSIC. Or shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment