![]() |
1)I wouldn't be eating kickass cereal with dark chocolate inside it
2) Wouldn't be feeling the sensation that french people do as they casually rip off a piece of a baguette.
3)Wouldn't be getting hit on by old men (truthfully, this one I could live without)
4) Wouldn't have this blog
5) Wouldn't have encountered tiny ponies that you just want to snuggle with
6) WOULD be doing homework ( although I do have some here)
7)Wouldn't be getting to know one of THEE funniest and kind hearted families in France.( I feel like I needed to include some sentiment.)
8) Wouldn't be cleaning my room
9) Would be on facebook more
10) Would be lazier
Okay- well my list started to get boring... I thought in the beginning that this list would be funny, but then I couldn't think of anything. The other two girls in my class explained their families to me... man do I have it good. I have it great. I have it 5 bowls of gold, kind of great. No make it like 9 million bowls of gold, Plus some chocolate and some comfy cute gap socks... and thats the kind of great I have it. Granted: I do feel lonely sometimes... and sometimes wish I was doing something in California with my friends... but then I slap my own face and think " What the hell, Carly, you are in freaking france... You can basically see the eiffel tower from your bedroom... You could eat chocolate and then watch the french simpsons so shut the blank up" So basically, I am acting like Golim(if you don't know who that is.. its a little monster that has multiple personality disorder) in this little blog post today, but thats okay. When I think of the things I miss.... Here comes another List....
1) Seeing my mom trip over NOTHING. I miss your silly clumsyness mom, and YOU of course, especially when you would punish me by tickling me.. so funny. Hated it... but still funny
2) YOGURTLAND!!!!
3) Speeding down Treat Blvd. and getting air on that one divot in the right lane right before CHS... Think of me if you ever get air on that, that was simply a mood lifter for me.
4) Sneaking into the movie theaters acting crazy and I am trying to "find" my mom... I truly had a knack for getting into the movies for free.
5)Getting hit on by a van full of ex convicts with bre burgos in TRAFFIC heading to Berkeley.
6) The halls of Carondelet... my fave teachers and of course the volleyball program.. I really do miss all of you guys...
7) Having lazy days and watching 9 million episodes of: House, Rizzoli and Isles, and Greys Anatomy.
8) Pulling an all nighter because I recklessly forgot about my anatomy art projects... Also: feeling completely screwed for finals but somehow always pulling it off.
9) Rainy days at Carondelet, I don't know what it was, but I loved the energy.
10) COUNCIL
11) Getting random calls from my dad saying " Hello daughter, this is your father" Or calling me and saying " Happy Birthday , Carly" " But dad it's not my birthday" " I know that, but doesn't it just feel great to hear that"... Truly, my dad is so freaking hilarious, I miss his goofy humor.
12) Dropping by peoples houses at 2 in the morning because " I was in the neighborhood"... Tay Sim. Bre Burg. becca O'niel, Shosh W. Those were some of the best talks I have ever had.. I miss the spontaneity of those days.
13) I miss the fact that most of my friends still had the childlike playfulness quality.. especially you Tay Nelson... The fact you loved to playt he game " If that mountain turned into to a wave what would you do" Or just " What would you do" games in general... It was awesome. Never forget that I own you in Fifa street soccer though.
14) stealing lemons from tamras neighbors yard... or going on a midnight golf cart ride and playing tennis... or stealing baby turkeys and raising them to be strong independent turkeys
Okay well some of these happened many many years ago... but I am just showing you what sometimes I think of at the dinner table when it is silent... They often ask me " Carly what are you thinking about" Well... should I tell them the truth? " Oh I am thinking of when me and my best friend were in 6th grade and we stole a turkey and then returned home and another friend was upset so she made us watch a program about animals being slaughtered which was totally irrelevant..and then raised the baby turkey in a doll house and fed him chewed up cherries out of our hand" See they might think I am crazy... so last night I responded with '" Oh ... how to conjugate the verb, Faire" Really Carly, you couldn't think of something more clever?
I don't know, I could think of many more memories... and truly would miss these things even if I were in New York. I am not saying I want to come home... NOT AT ALL. I am completely loving this new stage in my life... and every time I feel sad I remind myself that this is such an amazing opportunity that not many people get. I am completely blessed for the family that chose me... and I now remember constantly venting to some of you about how "annoying and rude" they seemed.. I rememeber telling my mom and sister when they asked me if I wanted to find a new family to work for that " No, I feel this is the right one.. it was a sign that she called me." And I always thought in the back of my head how retarded that sounded to go on a whim about this so called 'sign', man am I happy I did though!
I want to thank all of you for being so supportive... random texts and messages and emails really make me happy... I am so grateful to have you guys in my life. I also want to shout out to any of the new college students... I hope you are doing well in your classes..but remembering to have fun... Have a drink or a silly hookup for me ;)
Okay anyways, this is way too serious for me now... So this will be the end of this blog post. I am sorry I haven' taken many pictures... I am waiting to get close close to them so I don't seem completely obsessed with them...
MUCH LOVE FROM THIS CALIFORNIAN FRENCHY CHICK,
BISSSSSOUUUSSSSSS,
CAR

No comments:
Post a Comment