September 4th
Thursday I had my first languaaaaage class…no HOT BOYS.. a little upset about that… and I made a mistake kinda resembling the mistake Miss Rhode Island made in “Miss Congeniality” when the question was “ Whats the perfect date” If you have seen this movie… you will understand my comparison… so the teacher asked me ( in French) “What will you do later”… Well I said (in french) “ I will be taking the kids from school and taking them home and then do homework.” She then chuckled… I was confused… She then replied with, “ Sorry… I meant later as in later in life after au pairing.” I was very embarrassed…. If you were there you would understand more in depth how silly that was of me.. because I answered very confidently.The one other student laughed. She’s 20 and is from Australia, she is pretty cool. She’s also in the French au pair group on fb….she’s participating in the social stuff already, but then again, she’s not as lucky with the family she chose. She had to garden for two hours the other day…trimming a bush… WHAT THE HECK….probably trimming it to resemble the Mona Lisa… or something bizarre like that. They didn’t even say thank you. I feel so bad for her…. It made me realize EVEN MORE how lucky I am. I love the family I am with. Christine even texted me asking how my French test went… she reminds me of how sweet my mom is… I often think of you mom, wishing you could be here seeing the beautiful things I have been seeing… or even the not so beautiful… the other day I witnessed “ The prostitutes in the French forests”… I think if you were with me we would have giggled a little bit about it…Unfortunately though, it’s actually very sad. It was only 8 in the cold morning of Paris and they were already out. It’s so sad. I thought to myself “ I really hope they don’t have kids they have to provide for.” I thought of giving them some euros…obviously “ NO SERVICE NEEDED”… but just to buy a baguette or something… one day when I come to paris without the kids[ and with a friend], I will do this.. I just feel sooo bad for them… so does Christine. I am often surprised with what a caring heart Christine has… this family is just so wonderful.. I am often thinking to myself “ okay… they have to be monsters or something… maybe they are actually selling me for cows… or are going to shave my head and sell my blonde hair for money.” I don’t know, I just haven’t had a bad day with them yet.. I am soaking it up… Whenevr we go to the grocery, Christine is so nice and is like “ If you want anything just put it in the basket.” I of course don’t get anyting but cereal and Nonfat milk… but the offer always feels so considerate. She often buys me afternoon coffee and ice cream [ If I want it]… she also noticed I like the brown bread [ baguette] and so she always buys one so I can munch off it… So considerate and polite… They are wonderful.
04.09.2010 ( they write it like this) 23h 30
We went to the cutest little place to go shopping .. it was adorable. It reminded me of Prague.. smaller… but cute little stores. Christine often tells me I look very AMERICAN… I get upset with this comment… because it could cause problems in the future when I am alone.. she tells me it is a compliment though “ very beautiful” . She is also perceptive about which guys are checking me out and what not … its hilarious.. “ Oh Carly, you’ve got a friend.” If he’s cute I say “ friend accepted” and if not… then I usually say “ Yum… so sexy.” Sarcasm with me always… you [ the reader] should know this already. She now has witnessed how embarrassed I get… the other day ( and I am not telling you this to be cocky… because I don’t always get attention.. I just am telling you this because it was very funny at the time) we were at Ele’s tennis game… Christine was talking to the other players dad because that is the polite thing to do… given that they were both speaking French, I was very bored so I sorta walked away and watched ele play by the other part of the fence… Well this young man ( maybe 17 or 18 or 19) walked by me and did a double take… and then just kinda stood there and stared… I obviously noticed but just kept my eyes on the game… he walked away… then 5 minutes later he walked by and I [ mistakenly] looked up and we made eye contact and he gave me a very very cute smile… well being that I am SOMETIMES super awkward when it comes to this because I get embarrassed… I turned…and STARTED GIGGLING…he starts to walk away so I check out his tushy ( jk. But I did look back at him) and he looked back again.. so I giggled again to myself… I could feel my blazing hot cheeks…you literally could have cooked a steak on my cheeks, I could feel how red they were… He was very cute… but I get shy sometimes… sometimes I EPICALLY FAIL at keeping my cool…well… we get back home.. and Christine is talking to Brice in French and I hear my name ( I am always hearing my name and can’t ALWAYS understand it) then Brice says “ Oh I need to call your mom.. we need to be careful with you.” Christine laughs… well… btw I am completely lost I have no idea what they are talking about… then Christine says “ Carly I saw you at the tennis court… the boy who looked at you… and then you smiled to yourself and you smiled at him…” Umm.. I was completely embarrassed by this…Christine then says [ keep in mind she is VERY picky about who is attractive and who’s not] “ He was very cute, No?” And I say “ Yeah yeah… he was cute.” But I kinda pout from embarrassment… they laugh.They commented on my blushing. Then I discussed with them that I am a good girl ( to let them know they can trust me for future situations with boys ).. and they joked they needed to call home and warn my mom. It was very funny.. Btw… the kids are sooo funny… the other day… ELE just bluntly asked me “ Carly… did you kiss your boy friend ever.” I giggled and said “ Of course Ele… but I am 18… so I am allowed” ;) she then replied with “ ewwww, I can’t imagine you kissing…eww” hahahahha… I felt the same way at that age when I thought of my sister kissing…obviously, I am OVER that now. And then she said like 2 days later “ Carly.. have you done sex” I seriously laughed out loud … I said “ NOO! Ele!!” It was so funny to me… I had to hold in some laughter though.. because I wanted to keep it serious. These kids are hilarious.
Tonight: Brice and Christine went to a party.. the kids and I had a picnic by the tv with our dinner… it’s a tradition they have.. it’s so cute. The parents are still out… so I tucked in Ele and said good night… she gave me a kiss on the cheek.. and I said good night to Victor.. No hug or kisses… it’s different with a boy.. it will take time. But I adore them both so much. I go to ALL their tennis matches… and of course will continue to when I am available to. I had a great relaxing night.. I fell asleep laying right next to ele as we watched the Simpsons in French. Relaxing. It was great. Tomorrow Vic has a match..so I must go to sleep since it’s almost 12 and want to wake up at 7 to workout. I am listening to the fray right now… I miss home.. its not an aching pain.. but more of a “ I’d like to eat that cookie but will take this carrot stick instead.” If you know what I mean… I don’t know. I am obsessed with “ Can’t go back now”-The Wheepies.. I often fall asleep to it at night… I love it.
Ps: I am going to Oktoberfest the 18th and 19th with Ash. She wants me to wear a gyrndl(spelling) [the traditional Oktoberfest outfit..so she says.] …what the heck right… blah.. it’ll be fun, Ash and I always have tons of fun… So I am excited… I will miss the kids so much…isn’t that crazy how fast I got attached.. I think it is.. I mean I don’t really show it yet because I am often shy with affection.. but I def. feel it… I just wanna give them both hugs and kisses all the time.. they are so adorable. Ele often links arms with me while walking and now shes starting to hold my hand… <3
Peace out American, I love you guys, BISOUS!
Car
Sunday the 5th
Tuesday the 7th
Day:
Its only 12:56 pm.. I just had class and I am online doing some exercises… I just want to know French NOW. I want some friends too… I am going to the next activity with the au pair Paris group.. so I can make some friends… I mean I have friends…I guess… well.. the extent of my French friendships is the Australian and the Old creepy guys that awkwardly hit on me on the streets… do these men count as friends? I mean.. they count as much as an ant on the street I suppose. I have to go to the dry-cleaning today… and I am nervous… I hope I don’t have to speak too much French …well…because… I don’t know” Too much French.” At all. Blah. I finally got a chance to skype a couple friends last night and this morning… ahh I can’t explain to you guys how much I LOVE skyping people back home… It’s so wonderful. It’s a weird feeling to be away so long… in my mind it feels like California is on pause till I come home ( not that I’m conceited but I am just explaining the feeling) but that’s not the case… everyone is going through things and encountering new things ( ie: A friend of mine is pregnant..shout out to you…So freaking exciting…sad I couldn’t be there to see your beautiful little baby bump.) and it’s weird to me. It’s a WEIRD feeling. Would you like me to say “weird” again? WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD. It’s so freaking WEIRD. ;) Last night… I helped ele with English …and we sat in her bed.. we were done because she had to go to bed… and then she got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek… she then walked to her mom and gave her a kiss.. she did this repetition like 5 times… I got so embarrassed.. I could feel myself blush.. I don’t know, affection really embarrasses me… You probably wouldn’t think that of me since I am out-going and usually pretty open about my feelings but yes… ok gtg to go to dry-cleaning… wish me luck!!!!
Kisses kisses.. french kisses avec tongue ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment