...but NOT for the right reasons. So let me give you a visual... here I am , washing the dishes...boom boom done, I remembered that trash day is tomorrow...soo being the kind citizen I am, I took it upon myself to take the trash cans out of the gate so I could be a helping hand.... The front door... the BETRAYING front door... is a door that is not forgiving ... a door that is straight to the point. To lock the front door is easy... they have a door that if you close it, it automatically locks... the problement : It was sleepy Carly that was taking out the trash, not attentive and careful Carly. So boom, walk outside to take the trash out.. I have twenty minutes to do more chores before leaing for the 5 minutes car ride... Emphasis : CAR RIDE. So its chilly... I walk outside, so I close the door... no coat because of course I will be back in a jip to fold the clothes in the dryer.... It hasn`t hit me yet that I have closed the door.. the wind is blowing.. I can hear horses galloping in the back ground...DAMN. I knew it right then.... I locked the door and did not have the key... no one was home and I was to pick up Ellie in 15 minutes....SH!T, literally... I got a whiff of horse doo doo. So anyways... I sprint to the front door...locked.. I sprint to the back door...locked... jimmied every window...locked..LOCKED..LOCKED! So I remembered they said there was a secret key... i looked under EVERY pot , in EVERY dirt divot, and under every large rock. I was epically screwed. I had locked my phone, my keys, my other keys, and my jacket in the house. CRAP. Every bike was flat.. seriously, it was an epic failure. Soo... I sprinted... in a dress and in nice leather flats... Cars full of French cute judge-mental people staring... I sprinted about 7 blocks to Ells school... thinking on the way of what a stupid head I am... and thinking of a story to not embarrass Ellie in front of her friends... " Oh Ellie, the cars this way... have a nice day guys!" This was a potential convo that was about to happen... of course this thought turned into a nightmare though " Carly, actually is it okay if we drive Emelie home, her mom is sick." CRAP. By this time, i feel heartbeats in my legs... they are aching... but I am hyped on Adrenaline so I keep running... mind you that I haven't run in a year because of my knee. I get there... waiting for her to come out of the room... I see an asian girl wearing converse and relaxing looking and constantly looking at her watch... I think to myself " Ayyyy it's an American au pair like me." I don't say anything at first... but I see her gaze on me... So i turn and say " OH are you an au pair as well.Simply and politely put, she says "NO." So crap... I look dumb and now she knows I'm American... possibly the two worst things here. We make conversation though for about 5 minutes about how she grew up here and knows english very well and is surprising her sister because she lives in berlin as a fashion blah blah...doesn't matter. So there I am... tired, flushed from cardio AND embarrassment, a californian girl wearing a dress in coat weather because she locked herself out of her house. Great. Thanks world, you really blessed me today. Blah. So I see ellie... pull her aside from friends and say.. " El I did something bad" She interupts me (politely though) saying " Is it okay if Cammille takes me for play since I have no homework" I giggle... " If I go to Camilles to play" ...correcting her English.. " Of course Of course" I told her of how I locked myself out and she drew on a piece of paper how to find the key... So I walk home.. AND GET LOST FOR LIKE 25 MINUTES... give me a break already..geeze. Get home.. can't find the key... So I sit there on the front step for 30 minutes.. I see that Christine has arrive... here we go for embarrassment. " Christine.. I did something bad... I locked myself out..but Els okay and shes at a friends house " She looked at me... and laughed. Oh thank god. She says" AWW you were sitting there oh so lonely yes? " Its funny how she says it though because she is mocking me.. We do that a lot.. we speak sarcasm.. Soo thats the end of my shpeal. I am sore.. but now I learned my lesson... NEVER take the trash out in the morning... and ALWAYS wear a coat. hhahahah
ps: I will be transferring all my writings from my laptop soon... hoooking it up tomorrow probably.. But this was today. It is funny now that I think about it.
pps: I think of all my friends and family when California Girls comes on... and the family always points at me when it comes on because I do a special dance.
I miss and love you guys, hope all is well.
Miss you mom... don't forget to feed the kids (cats), Zaq likes his cat of food crushed 50 times and you promised me you would do that for me, don't forget...I've been doing that for him since kittenhood.
BISOUS DE FRANCE,
Car
I wish I could have seen you racing through the streets. Nothing like getting that ol' knee working hard for you again.
ReplyDelete