12/05/2010

...Will be using The Happiest Place on earth as therapy.


So Tonight. Worst night ever. Tomorrow is disneyland. It will be much needed.

The Story:

So Sarah and I had a very fun day out in the city... freezing... the kind of freezing where you think to yourself "Why didn't I put on three underwear instead of one." Too cold. Well we were having a great night... But given that we had decided to go to Disneyland, Paris ( OOOoOo, to me, the Paris adds an effect on the way you say it... like it is more chic.. ridiculous  but right.) tomorrow , we thought we would turn in early for the night because C had offered to pick us up at the train station and drop Sarah off. So nice. But anyways...

( to the people that don't live in paris.. you might not understand) So there is a station called Chatalet Les Halles... Not the best station in the world.. but we were coming from the Notre Dame so we had to use it as a transfer. So. We are standing on the platform... and its 8pm.. and there are a lot of people.. always are.. but I do recognize there are a lot more than usual. So.. not judging.. but there was a huge group of maybe 20-29 black, young twenties, rough around the edges, kind of dudes ( californies, imagine oakland)... and not that I felt uncomfortable, but they were acting strange.. a little TOO much energy .. and well we were pretty near them.. and they started walking our way.. voices raised.. but at the times I didn't feel like it was negative, it was just ... energetic. And all of a sudden these guys are pushing each other back.. like its a routine dance or something.. but I've seen this scene before... there was about to be a fight.. so I froze.. about to tell Sarah.. and BAM. He hits him. and then 5 others start hitting each other. One "couple" falls onto 3 little kids and their mom.. and I mean WHACK. like hard. And they get up and continue fighting... Mind that there are a lot of people around.. most sort of jogging passed the scene worried of the train tracks and how easily one push could ends someones life... and people are running.. and all of a sudden someone yells " STEP BACK HE HAS A GUN" .. Sarah and I look at each other and freeze.. for a split second.. sarah says " carly. run" .. I was worried about the mom and children , but can now see they have recovered and are running away.. so many people are trying to run away ( WHERE ARE THE DAMN POLICE OFFICERS WHEN YOU NEED THEM)  .. so we are running up the stairs.. which feels like  running (literally)for our life.. and I can see a woman ( and this certain scene keeps playing in my mind) pounding anxiously and desperately ( and sort of looks like she is crying, I don't know though) on the windows at the information booth trying to get some help.. I look around.. there is seriously NO ONE that can help... and people are casually beeping their cards and scanning their metro tickets not knowing what awaits them at the station below.. I want to scream " Help!" and " don't go down there" but the french sayings is blurry in my mind now... All I can think is.. Safety, Safety.

5 minutes later. Things have cleared up.( as in there are 3 police men and a circle of people surrounding) sarah and I didn't stop to look... we got straight onto the train and went home.

It is 1204 am. I am feeling sick to my stomach. The Office is NOT funny tonight. I feel worried for those poor kids that may be scared to use the train station now. I went to the doctor today and told me I have acne.. and I argued " But I have NEVER had bad skin..EVER.. and acne usually starts at 15 not 19." He said it is from my new life and possible stress. Thankfully this family rocks and is giving me special lotion to clear that grosssy up. Bad day. Very bad day.

Tomorrow is the Happiest Place on Earth. I think Sarah and I could use that...don't cha think?

Bonne Nuit,
Car

1 comment:

  1. so scary, Car! i'm glad to hear that you are alright. keep chugging along!

    ReplyDelete